Thursday 25 February 2010

Finally allowed in the kitchen

Since I moved in with Nana, she has very kindly prepared all of my meals for me. All. Of. Them. This means that my love for and attachment to the kitchen, as well as my control over my diet and therefore my waistline have been compromised. I'm not complaining (really) about having a hot meal served to me upon my arrival home from work, especially as these meals usually involve steak in one form or another. But I do miss cooking.

So I'm very excited to be having some friends over for dinner this Saturday night (Nana is in Somerset on a walking holiday with my parents). I've arranged to 'work from home' on Friday so that I can start the preparations well in advance and be a serene vision of domestic loveliness come Saturday afternoon. I'll probably be perched atop a work surface sipping a gin and tonic whilst everything bubbles and bakes away unbidden. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment